Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow Falling on Cedars


I’m reading the book Snow Falling on Cedars, by David Guterson. The story is set in Amity Harbor, around 1954, after WW II when Carl Heine (a German) is found dead and Kabuo Myiamoto (a Japanese) is accused to kill him. The book not only tells us about the Kabuo’s trail, but also how the people are connected since their childhood.
Hatsue Imada is a beautiful Japanese girl, who is married to Kabuo. Hatsue now is living without her husband because he is in trial. He is accused to kill Carl Heine.Hatsue used to love Ishmael when she was young, and now he is watching the trail. Hatsue is my favorite character because, beyond her beauty, she is honest and shy. Since she has this kind of personality, I like her. She was chosen as a strawberry princess. I like shy girls, principally if they is honest and do things that they really want to do. Also I have to confess that I like her because of her Asian beauty inside and outside too.

2 comments:

ashoog said...

hiiiiiii Andry . you amazed me for writting summery and could you tell me from where did you get the girl pictuer . hahahahaha

Jessica said...

Andre, you got all the important points here about the novel and about Hatsue's character, specifically. Make sure your post is carefully edited; I know you worked hard to fix it on paper, and I want to see your best work on the internet. Good work overall.